Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homemade Hanging Screen

 I see a lot of commercials for the magic mesh screen door and really wanted one. I thought of asking for one for Christmas, but then I would miss out on using it this fall. Fall and Spring here are perfect open-window temperatures. So I started shopping around online, reading reviews, looking at various types of hanging screens and then decided- hey, I could do that myself! I was originally going to use velcro so that it fit the door more perfectly, but instead just used a tension rod. It was super easy- just bought a roll of window screen from lowed, folded over the top and sewed it, slipped it onto a tension rod and cut it to the corrent length. It took less than 10 minutes, cost around $8 and now we get to enjoy the nice cool evening breezes without worrying about what is going to fly in.

 
 
And here's little miss noodle queen
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment