Monday, April 2, 2012


My computer was refusing to turn on- instead of starting up windows it was going to a blue screen of death that said something was wrong. Marty took a look at it and it turns out that the hard drive was corrupted. I don't know what that means, but it was replaced and now it is back to working. My biggest worry was losing most of my pictures, but they all seem to be intact. I now need to back them up in case this computer ever does really die!
I am adjusting to the new look and feel of things on the computer, as well as some annoying little quirks, like how my cursor no longer allows me to highlight fields of text. It's funny how you can get so used to so many little things!

On Saturday we watched conferance at the Jenkins since my computer was not functional and Micah's tends to turn off randomly. Loved Elder Holland's comments on Saturday afternoon. The text of the conferance will be available Thursday and I'm looking forward to going back and reading many of the talks. It's hard to pay attention and really take in everything when trying to absorb it all in such long stretches.

Natalie now smiles quite predictabley if you get close and smile at her. She likes being held and sung to (Micah uses Youtube to find disney sing-alongs) and we are working on her object permanence with peek-a-boo.

She is doing some short psudo-laughs (like at the end of the 2nd video). Waiting for her big belly laughs to start.
She is taking longer naps during the day and spending more time playing. Sammy has learned that he can jump in and out of the pack-n-play, where we put her down for naps. Not cool.
I have taught her a bad habit that is now interfering with her sleep though. After waking up around 6 or 7am, I would always snuggle with Natalie to try and get a little bit more sleep. Now, she is waking up every few hours in the night just to be held and snuggled. She cries, I get up and pick her up, I start to feed her, and she falls asleep within minutes. It's a pain since I know that she can sleep for 5 or 6 hours- she was doing it before. Even though she goes back to sleep quickly, it is really tiring me out because after waking up each time, it takes me a while to fall back asleep. This morning I tried to give her the pacifier and wind up her mobile to get her back to sleep, but she didn't last long until she was awake again, crying for snuggles. I gave in and let her come sleep with me. I need to stop doing that to break the habit, but it's just so hard in the moment not to give in to anything that means 20 more minutes of sleep.
She is starting to grasp things, so we have been enjoying giving her toys to hold and mouth on.
Sorry, beef isn't on the menu yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment