Saturday, December 3, 2011

I've Got the Black Lung, Pa

This week has been relatively uneventful to me mainly because I returned from Wilmington with a bad cold and have spent most days laying in bed miserably.

Micah has been super busy- he has two more weeks left until the end of the semester and a number of projects to tie up before then. Yesterday he got up at 2 a.m. to start doing work and didn't come back from school until after 7 p.m. I tried to assure him that this is not healthy. This morning I sucessfully convinced him not to get up when his alarm went off. Good influence? Bad influence? Maybe I'm a bit of both to him.

I have now graduated to weekly OB/GYN appointments. Yesterday, my blood pressure was quite a bit higher than it has been, but still in the healthy range. They claimed my weight was 7 lbs more than my previous appointment before Thanksgiving. I have convinced myself that their scale was somehow broken and this can not possibly be true.

Lastly and most importantly:
Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I came across Micah sitting on the floor scratching the bottom of his foot...with my haircomb. I was appalled. He expressed remorse and shame and then promptly moved on and began using my comb on his other foot. I made him rinse it in hot water, but if I develop a fungal scalp infection in the coming weeks, we all know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment