Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mmmm... Fatness

Micah said that my last picture was scary so he wanted me to take a better one. This one was taken on Saturday.


Aside from the drama of our car, this past week has been pretty cool. On Saturday I worked an adoption event for the Small Dog Rescue Humane Society. It was really fun to walk and snuggle the dogs all afternoon and talk with the swooning passers-by. They set up every Saturday in front of the Petco down the road, which is in a shopping plaza with a few other big stores. So, they get a lot of people coming by who look at the dogs. It was fun, but tiring. Who knew that one could get so sore from crouching down on the ground to get the dogs out of their kennels all afternoon.


I also started working regular shifts at Party City this week. Fun fun fun. At least it's something to get me out of the house, off my butt and doing something other than reading novels. By the way, just finished The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and it was a good read, as well as the second book in Scott Westerfeld's Uglies series. Moving on now to another Orson Scott Card story.


Also of exciting news: I learned how to cook quiche. I haven't gone grocery shopping since last week because I don't want to drive the car. So, sizing up the contents of my kitchen, I made this quiche. I used broccolli instead of spinach and half grated parmesan half colby jack cheese. It wasn't a fancy, legit quiche- it didn't have a crust and wasn't in a tart-pan. Come on! Who even owns one of those? But it was still yummy and new and successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment