Monday, September 23, 2013

Cake

I just baked the most awesome chocolate cake ever. Used my no-fail from-scratch recipe. Baked to perfection. It smelled amazing. I got ingredients for a fabulous whipped cream cheese topping. As I removed it from the oven, the dish towel I was using to hold the hot pan slipped and it teetered on one hand and the towel for one sickening second, fell towards my other uncovered hand and burned my forearm, and then fell with great force onto the tile floor, where the pyrex pan shattered and cake and glass shards flew to every corner of the kitchen. For some reason, I feel like it is the most tragic thing that has ever occurred in human history and I couldn't stop crying as I cleaned up the kitchen. The combined crying, bending over and heat coming from the oven combined to make me feel pretty faint. So now, I sit here. Teetering on the edge, cakeless, miserable. Life is such a sad, sad thing. So sad, I think I'll go buy a cake to make myself feel better.

On a happier note, have you seen this video?


Brooklynn will love it. As does Natalie...



No comments:

Post a Comment