Friday, September 13, 2013

Blaugh

Lately, I have been feeling super tired and unmotivated. Maybe a combo of end of summer blues, not getting out of the house enough and Natalie waking up at night. I was excited that my mom came to visit for a couple of days last week- things had been getting REALLLLY monotonous- but since then, I just don't feel like a mess. 

While my mom was visiting, we would move Natalie from her crib into the packnplay in our room when we went to sleep. This way, my mom could use the bed in Natalie's room without having to get up with her at night. It worked out nicely because Natalie would just climb out of her packnplay onto our bed when she woke up at night and I could go on sleeping with minimal disruption. Maybe we should go back to that?

This morning at 2 a.m. I woke up in Natalie's bed with her. My memory of how I got there couldn't have been right- I remembered my mom getting up with her and wondering if she was sick or in pain and trying to give her medicine, then I went in and said that I would take over and laid down with her. My mom has been gone several days. I guess I'm a little delirious.

Natalie has been good at stacking blocks for a while now, but usually only makes it to 3 or 4 before she is overcome by the urge to knock it over and scream "crash!" Her taller towers hopefully indicate a developing sense of self-constraint.



And here she is watching her bedtime show with all her posse.

No comments:

Post a Comment