Monday, October 12, 2015

Too Good to be True!

Getting a house is all falling into place so perfectly, it almost seems too good to be true. The sellers of the property we wanted- the one we saw on our house hunting trip back in August that was overpriced- accepted our offer, $35,000 below their original listing price. No back and forth about it- they just straight up took it. We were able to get our loan application in quickly and we're on track for an October 30th closing. We had our inspection within a few days of being under contract and found a few issues- some rotted wood around one door frame and a few windows, but we planned to replace the windows anyways since they are original to the house (1977). Otherwise, the inspector said that the place was in really good condition for its age, which is exactly what we wanted to hear. While we were at the house during the inspection, I felt so happy picturing us living there that it almost brought me to tears. I love our house! I love that it has 2 stories! I love that it is 2 miles from Micah's work! I love the great big yard and the way that the front door faces west so that the back yard will have shade in the afternoon and evening! I love that the bonus room over the garage looks like a room from a doll house with white beadboard wainscoating and the walls tilting in towards the ceiling along with the pitch of the roof! I love all the closets and storage space! I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the picture.

In case you haven't oogled at it yet...
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1061-Knecht-Rd-NE-Palm-Bay-FL-32905/43498391_zpid/

Some other things are going not-so-well. Natalie's been a pretty big mess lately. She's totally regressed with her potty-training and she is being super in-your-face loud, like screaming at me all day and getting super impatient if I can't immediately give her my undivided attention. She has had tantrums in primary and had to be brought to me twice this last Sunday and once the Sunday before general conference. Overall, she's just been unbearably obnoxious and I'm struggling to get her to understand that the consequence of being annoying is that I want to pay attention to her even less.

We've had a few bumps- bad days and bad moods and a bad car battery- but otherwise things are going alright. We still haven't heard back from our relocation coordinators whether we will be able to stay here in our temporary apartment until our closing date or if we'll be kicked out next Monday and have to stay somewhere else. Micah's first paycheck came on Friday and we celebrated by going out to eat. I've started organizing a budget now that I know what our paychecks will look like and it's sooooooo nice- I can't help but feel that I'm forgetting about several huge usual monthly expenses because there's such a cushy distance between our income and expenses that I'm just not used to!

Finally, some pictures:

This is rush hour on the main road by our house. It's the most amazing feeling in the world to be able to leave the house at 4:30 and not worry that I'll get stuck for an hour in traffic.

Angela climbs on the table. All. The. Time.

I'm learning to make balloon animals. I've got the dog down, worked a bit on a cat and a bear. 

Snuggling in a homemade tent

Daddy daughter technology usage

We have breezeway trash pickup. The girls love helping Dad put the garbage out in the container.


Micah's halloween costume arrives. Natalie and Angela are Elsa and Anna. I'm going to be either Sven or a snow flurry. I didn't have anything ready to wear to the Witch Way 5k I did this last Saturday with the girls, so I borrowed this costume. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good shots because we forgot the camera.

Natalie. Eating pumpkin roll for breakfast, because... October.

Angela's favorite spot to chill


Painting time!


The girls love to play hide and seek. Natalie can never wait until you find her, she jumps out once you get close and yells "here I am!!", but Angela seems to understand it a little better. She just goes in a closet or something and waits there until you find her. Here she is hiding in the bathroom cupboard waiting patiently to be found. Look at those sweet little feet!


Sometimes it's just too hot to go to a playground. Who thought this was a good idea?

Angela was helping me make enchiladas. I turn around once and she was taking chunks out of the cheese block!


And finally, one of the reasons we're looking forward to having hard flooring in every room of our house: so Angela can figure out how the heck a windup car works.

And, yes, Angela growls like that all the time. She still doesn't have many words. But she will roar to get her point across!

No comments:

Post a Comment