Friday, April 18, 2014

Visit from the Cousins

Tuesday marked the end of a fabulous week-long visit from Darlene. She brought her cutie-patootie 6-month-old (who, in typical 3rd-child fashion, did not appear in any of my pictures) and 2-yr-old Aaron. He and Natalie were very natural cousins- constantly making one another shriek with laughter or else making one another cry. Natalie was usually the one crying. It was eye-opening: I didn't realize what a sissy she is! 

We went to costco (this counts as an unusual, exciting outing for me), checked out the dogwood festival (disc-catching dog demo, fried carnival food), got our nails done, played games... Darlene even took all the kids one rainy afternoon so I could shampoo the carpet!
We ate at Tom+Chee- a restaurant we saw on shark take that specializes in grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. We each tried a few different ones. My favorite was the plain grilled cheese on a doughnut- it was shockingly delicious. 

LeAnn and Gabby came down from Wilmington for a few days to join in the fun. We finally went to the Atlanta zoo. It was great. Natalie's favorite exhibit? Oh, the water fountain :)


Aaron wisely kept his distance while Natalie got soaked

Looking at the elephant ('s butt)

I was impressed with how well Natalie took to Darlene. She can be shy of new adults, but with Darlene she was at ease in no time:



It was hard/impossible to get her to take a nap most days because of the excitement of company. Natalie is still in recovery from the lost sleep.


And she definitely misses having someone around who really "gets" her.


We had a lot of fun and I was very sad to see her leave. I enjoyed her visit so much that I forgot to be eagerly miserable over being pregnant still.

In the three days since she left, my determination to not be pregnant any more has exploded. On Tuesday, my midwife determined that the baby has moved down into the pelvis, which means that she is either going to be born soon or I am just going to be extremely uncomfortable until she is born. I can barely sleep at night, between the sharp pain from psd and having to pee every 15 minutes. I am also running out of clothes that fit now that my belly is super duper low. Blah. 

I have baked two kinds of bread, homemade pizza dough, seven-layer bars and bagels to try to pass the time. I have drunk half a gallon of raspberry leaf tea; taken half a bottle of evening primrose oil; ate 2 pineapples; bounce on an exercise ball continually; gone on a 2 mile walk; did 30 minutes at 160 strides/minute on an elliptical machine and did an hour yoga class to try and induce labor. So far, nothing :( Feeling like I am going to be pregnant forever. Must find more ways to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment